Friday, March 12, 2010

Another Grandpa Frame



So I figured I might as well post all my Father's Day creations at the same time, to keep the theme going! I did make all three the same year, I was really on a roll with making handmade gifts for the guys!! Luckily I did, they all loved them!!

I didn't scan this image like I did with the others, so it's hard to make out what the metal embellishment says on the top right corner. It says, "What a joy you bring to my life". This particular gift was made for my husband's step father, who I affectionately call my Father in law. I love the "Grandpa" paper, and used the built in title ("Grandpa") on the paper as a title on the project by cutting around the word freehand with an exacto knife. I cropped the image and tucked it neatly behind the title, and it worked out beautifully. I want to try this technique again with a scrapbook page where I will have more room to play around with.

No comments:

Post a Comment