Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby Girl Album Cover




This was my first attempt at creating a completely unique and custom album cover. I made it for my husband's Father's Day gift while he was in Iraq. I bought it as a plain, plastic, 6x6 album, and made it embellished and full of life, just like our daughter! In addition to the paper, ribbon and embellishments (including the too cute leather strap and lock that actually works as a clamp to keep it closed!) I used distress inks along the edges to make it appear older and worn out, and also on the leather strap because it hadn't been treated with any stains prior. The pink would have been too bright for such a masculine man, but with the addition of the ink to the fabric covered chipboard letters, I think I made it look rustic enough for Iraq!

On the inside cover I included a very special poem, for whom I have no idea who wrote it! I wish I knew so I could give them credit for it, because it brings tears to my eyes each time I read it. It may be too small to read, so I'll summarize. It's written from the perspective of a daughter of a Marine, and she shares how proud she is, and what she sacrifices with her own father so that we can all be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment